Angie Spong joined the firm in 2018 and focuses her practice on estate planning, estate administration, and guardianships. As the daughter of two retired teachers and a former teacher herself, Angie excels at clarifying complex legal concepts and tailoring her counsel and approach to each client’s unique needs.
Clients note that Angie is responsive, analytical, and empathetic, putting even those who have never worked with an attorney before at ease. She particularly enjoys working with non-traditional families and, with multiple years of experience living abroad, is attuned to the challenges facing international clients.
Angie graduated with honors from the University of North Carolina School of Law and was one of only seven students in her graduating class named to the James E. and Carolyn B. Davis Honor Society. She was also named the Graduating Pro Bono Student of the Year and was the recipient of the Cornelius O. Cathey Chancellor’s Award for her outstanding service contributions. She received her undergraduate degree summa cum laude from Vanderbilt University.
Angie is a native North Carolinian, born and raised in Moore County. She plays the viola with the Tchaikovsky Virtuosi orchestra, enjoys running, and lives in Chapel Hill with her husband, young daughter, and two cats.
Areas of Practice
Estate Planning, Estate Administration, Guardianships
Admissions / Honors
- North Carolina State Bar, 2011
- James E. and Carolyn B. Davis Society, 2011
- Cornelius O. Cathey Chancellor’s Award, 2011
- Graduating and 2L Pro Bono Student of the Year, 2010 and 2011
- Legal Aid of North Carolina Martin Luther King, Jr. Intern for Pittsboro Office, 2010
- Vanderbilt University, B.M., 2003, Summa cum Laude
- University of North Carolina School of Law, 2011, with honors
Professional and Community Memberships
- North Carolina Bar Association, Member
- District 15-B Mentorship Committee, 2017-2018
What Clients Say About Angie Spong
“Another recommendation for Angie Spong, an outstanding estate attorney with a caring and gentle manner during an emotional process. I can attest to this with firsthand experience as Angie is my attorney and has handled all of my most personal and complicated affairs. She is a rare gem.”
“We highly recommend Angie Spong. Very personable, very thorough, very professional. She is excellent!